OUR OPERATING PROCEDURES...
We are committed to providing a consistent, high-quality service for all of our customers.
The following is a list of procedures that are followed by all of our painters and other team members while working on your property:
- Our painters WILL NOT smoke or use any tobacco products while inside your home or inside your building.
- Our painters will NOT leave cigarette butts on your property.
Alcohol or other drugs:
- None of our team members are permitted to bring or consume any alcohol or any other non-prescription / non-medical / non-legal drugs to any work site.
Respect for your home or business:
- Our team members will not touch or disturb anything in your home, unless it is necessary with respect to the painting they are doing; and that will be discussed with you in advance.
- We will treat your home and belongings with every respect; like the way we would want our own homes and belongings to be treated.
- Our painting crews are NEVER permitted to bring people into your home or premises if they are not team members.
All painters will wear a uniform consisting of:
- A white company shirt.
- White painter's pants or shorts.
- White painter's cap (if needed)
- CSA rated footwear and hardhats will be worn while working on
commercial construction sites.
Workshop Area Set-up:
- A "workshop area" shall be set up on-site, upon commencement of the project.
- This area will be somewhere "out of the way," such as a basement, garage, or laundry room.
- All paint shall be poured in this area, with the exception of trays, which will be filled in the "immediate work area" where we are painting.
- Workshop area will be cleaned at the end of each day while we are working on the property.
- All empty cans will be left with lids off at the end of each day.
Painting Procedure (in order of completion):
- Room preparation is performed; i.e. drop sheets, poly covers, paper, furniture covered & sealed, etc...
- Any fixtures, such as socket plates, switch plates, TV mounts, drapery rods, blind brackets, etc... are removed (if necessary and specified)
- All "prep work" is done - repairs (as specified), filling, caulking, sanding, etc...
- All surfaces to be painted will be pole-sanded.
- We will vacuum or sweep any accumulated dust, as we go.
- Taping to be performed (if necessary).
- Doors are removed for painting (if specified)
- Primer coat(s) are applied where necessary.
- Ceilings are painted (if specified).
- Trim is painted (if specified).
- Closets are painted (if specified)
- Walls are painted (if specified).
- All drop sheets will be carefully packed up, poly sheets will be removed, paper/tape will be removed, all affected floors will be swept or vacuumed, and, all painting garbage will be neatly bagged for disposal by the client (any trips to the municipal dump for removal of painting garbage must be quoted separately).
- If required, any affected areas will be surface-cleaned.
- All unused tinted wall-paint will be labelled accordingly, and left with the client for touch-ups or later use (except for any untinted white paints, black paints, and all primers or ceiling paints, which we will remove when we leave).
- All empty paint cans (which should largely be dry) will be placed in a garbage bag, and will be left for disposal with the client's garbage.
- We will remove and recycle any empty pails for further use (a "green" policy).
PLEASE NOTE: *If the client insists that we remove any unused tinted wall paint, there will be a $5 / one gallon can, and, a $10 / five gallon can surcharge. This charge is based on the number of cans, regardless of amount of paint remaining inside them.
For more information on our painting procedures, please visit this link: